PAGE RANK TOOL

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, July 25, 2011

ABHINAY DEO - CREDITS AAMIR FOR "DELHI BELLY"


Director Abhinay Deo, who has delivered his first hit in the form of DELHI BELLY, feels the film wouldn't have been the same if it wasn't for Aamir Khan.

Says the director, "DELHI BELLY wouldn't be a hit without Aamir Khan. I'll tell you the reason. Of course, the script was the same, but the contribution that Aamir has made is giving us a free hand. He trusted me 100% and told me to do the film the way I wanted. It was very easy for a producer to change the script which had so many abuses. But he didn't do any of that. Also, the way he backed and marketed the film, I don't think any producer would have been able to do."

But isn't this contrary to the interfering image of Aamir? 'I can't speak for other people. As far as I am concerned, I can't even believe that people call him interfering. I've never seen a person who is so dedicated to cinema and who gives 100 % freedom to the director and the creative team. He only puts his weight in the right places such as marketing,' states Abhinay.

And finally, setting the record straight about the sequel of DELHI BELLY, the director says, "There is no DELHI BELLY sequel as of now. It took six years to write DELHI BELLY. I don't know how long it will take to write its sequel. That was just a speculative news."

No comments: